Saturday, August 24, 2013

Letter to the President

Ilocos Sur National High School
Gomez Street, Vigan City
June 26, 2013

Honorable President Benigno Simeon Cojuanco Aquino III
Malacaang Palace
Manila, Philippines

Dear Mr. President,
            I’m Rexcel F. De Peralta, a fourth year student of Ilocos Sur National High School. I have always been an observer of your advocacy and your presidency. I appreciate your pick up lines “kayo ang boss ko” and “tuwid na daan”. I might be flattered if you would call me “boss” if we even meet somewhere along the “tuwid na daan”. But then, this might just be a dream.
            I hope you don’t mind, Mr. President, if I would be frank about some personal matters which are not relevant to your presidency. I am wondering why you have remained bachelor at your age. Don’t you have dream for family or sons and daughters? Could it be that you have such noble heart that you regard the Filipinos as your sons and daughters?
            As a student, sir, I also have aspirations of becoming a president like you. I am dreaming to free the Philippines from poverty. And I’m also dream that each Filipino would have self-worth and dignity.
                                                                                                                                          Respectfully yours,
Rexcel F. De Peralta 

No comments:

Post a Comment